Women's Ministries Newsletters
Today is a most perfect day and I’m sitting outside soaking up the sunshine with a brilliant snow covered Mt. Hood as a fresh natura painting before me, drafting the newsletter for our Women’s Ministries Leaders.
God is so good to give me the opportunity to minister for Him and to be able to work from my home here in the Columbia Gorge. I have thanked Him many times for the blessing of a home with a beautiful view, a husband who can provide for me, for family and grandchildren; and a ministry I truly enjoy.
There are days when I am weighed down by such headlines as:
- “Baby Found in Trash Compacter with Umbilical Cord Attached”
- “Baby Found in Plastic Sack on Front Porch of a Home”
- “San Bernardino Terrorist Attack”
Not to mention all the Natural Disasters, the Wars and Persecution in the Middle East, and last but not least the Ridiculous Presidential Campaigns going on right now! Bad things are happening all over the world. Can it be any clearer we are living in the last days?
Today, I am sitting here breathing the fresh air and looking at my beautiful mountain praising God for his blessings and praying for our nation, our leaders, our world, our children, praying for the hurting and suffering, and praying for you.
Today, I have a home with the comfort of a cozy bed, running water, heat for the winter and AC for the summer.
Today, I have a vegetable garden to plant and harvest, and daffodils and tulips blooming.
Today, I have family to nurture and love.
Tomorrow it could all change and I fret. “Worry is like a rocking chair: It gives you something to do, but doesn’t get you anywhere”.
“Casts your cares-----all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all-----on Him; for He cares for you affectionately, and cares about you watchfully.” 1 Peter 5:7
My prayer for you and myself is to draw closer to God so we can hear His voice when He calls you and me to minister to our community and the needs around us. I pray we will look to God for our strength and courage, “for such a time as this”.
Be sure and check out our Oregon Conference of Seventh-day Adventist Women’s Ministries website: https://orgcwomen.netadvent.org/ and get familiar with all the different pages. Note we have the Live Streaming at the bottom of the first page of last year’s retreat at Eagle Crest Lodge in Redmond, OR.
Upcoming Events page: https://orgcwomen.netadvent.org/upcoming-events to keep up on what is happening in our ministries around the conference. You may want to send me your activities post.
- July 23, 2016 Womens Ministries Leadership Prayer Breakfast Gladstone Camp Meeting Sabbath - 7:45 – 9:00 am in Zull Hall
- “30th” Annual Oregon Conference Christian Women’s Retreat – October 28 -30, 2016 at Eagle Crest Resort. Loretta Bacchiocchi from C.R.E.A.T.I.O.N. Health is our main speaker. Start planning and fund raising now to bring your Women’s Ministries Team to this special retreat.
- Please mark your calendars for the first weekend in March of 2017. The Leadership Training at Cottage Grove was such a blessing last month; we are already planning for certification classes by the North American Division on Women’s Ministries Leadership Certification.
You are “called by God” and have been “ordained by God” to serve in your church and community to meet the needs of the women. Whether it be Bible study groups, gathering care packages for the needy, women’s shelters, or mentoring young, single, married, widowed, or divorce women. You have been called by God to disciple other women.
Please email or call me if you have any questions or need of more resources for Women’s Ministries.
Abundant Blessings to Your Ministries
Terrie Leen Griebel/Women’s Ministries Coordinator
Click on the links below to download individual newsletters of interest.